Amp Up Your Workouts with Hearing Aids
Creating a regular fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to stay motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of working out itself is not always pleasant. We do it primarily for the results and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to overcome the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only affords a diversion but also yields the motivation and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning state of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have an exercise partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, focus on and boost speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to maintain a conversation with your partner in an active gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you might be concerned about potential damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant to dust and wetness to some extent, there are some accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, shielding them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more info about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!